4 Goals Seal United Victory

Posted 27 June 2015 6:35 pm

K-W United FC won for a fifth straight game Friday afternoon in Waterloo at University Stadium with a 4-0 second half dismantling of the Derby City Rovers.

United (7-2-0) came into Fridays game on the heels of winning the Umbro Cup against rivals Forest City London and used the momentum to continue their strong form.

The Rovers (1-6-2) sit bottom of the Great Lakes Division on goal differential and failed to play spoiler in their oppositions quest for top spot in the division.

As has been the theme during United's winning streak, they have dominated possession and applied pressure early. It was no different in this one as the home side pushed for the all-elusive first goal.

Derby would hold out for the opening 45 minutes, however, and the sides would move into the intermission deadlocked at 0-0.

United continued the pressure in the early minutes of the second half and finally broke through in the 63rd minute. Midfielder Ken Krolicki scored his first of the season when he was put through and finished past Derby goalkeeper Mitchell McKay.

The Black and Blue would stretch their lead to two just six minutes later when Kyle Rutz put one home following a nice passing sequence. Rutz scored the second goal in United's 2-0 victory over London in the second leg of the Umbro Cup.

Fullback Jared Phillips would get in on the action in the 76th minute when he pushed up into the attack and used a one time finish from teammate Jarek Whiteman to make it 3-0 for the home team.

Juuso Pasanen would also get on the score sheet for the first time this season when he added a fourth just minutes from fulltime to make it a 4-0 score line.

Nathan Ingham was named Man of the Match for his performance.

United now sit in third place in the division with two games in hand on second place London and four points behind division leaders Michigan Bucks.

There is no break for K-W as they are right back at it Sunday afternoon when they take on the Dayton Dutch Lions in Waterloo.